As engineers working on large-scale construction of buildings that will operate for decades, we are committed to sustainable projects that minimize environmental impact. From choosing cabling products containing fewer harmful chemicals to designing converged networks that require less infrastructure, we strive to find ways to maximize systems in order to cut back on material consumption and increase human productivity.
World’s Greenest Museum
TEECOM has completed over 50 LEED-certified (Platinum, Gold, Silver) projects including the LEED Platinum certified Intuit Marine Way, LEED Platinum Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford Expansion, LEED Platinum Gordon & Betty Moore Foundation, and LEED Gold UC Berkeley Energy Biosciences Building.
“Going paperless” makes it easy to access and interact with project documents like RFPs, specifications, and drawings in real-time and remotely. “Going mobile” has allowed our engineers to improve efficiencies realized during the design and construction process. Mobile is an essential utility that enables engineering and project management team members to deliver the lightning-fast responsiveness that clients have come to expect from us. The technology also allows us to work remotely and travel less, reducing our contribution to the greenhouse gas emissions that come from fossil fuel-burning cars, trucks, trains, and planes.
Certified Green Business
TEECOM is a California Certified Green Business. We are dedicated to reducing our carbon footprint by:
- Updating all staff to laptop computers, which reduced energy consumption by nearly 60% at every workstation
- Educating staff on appropriate recycling habits
- Eliminating plastic water bottles and using refillable bottles for all employees
- Purchasing only 100% recycled paper for all general office printing
- Purchasing only 100% recycled Kleenex, paper towels, napkins
- Purchasing only compostable utensils and paper plates
- Purchasing only pens and mechanical pencils that use 89% pre-consumer recycled content
- Implementing double-sided printing